An initial letter of inquiry, no longer than two pages including a description of the organization, the project, goals and objectives, other potential funders and a preliminary budget is required before formal application is considered. If the project meets the Foundation's criteria, a site visit will be scheduled following which the organization may be invited to submit a formal proposal. A letter of inquiry may be e-mailed to the appropriate person in New York and/or Boston (See directors & contact us)
General overview (Application Coverpage, Narrative, Budget and Data Forms are found under “FORMS”)
- Following submission of a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) and an invitation to submit a proposal, please complete the appropriate forms.
- Application Cover Page
- Narrative (No longer than 5 pages 12 pt font)
- Budget (Please include current funders and outstanding requests to other grant makers.)
- Demographics Data Form for renewals of programs serving people with disabilties
- Annual report and audited financial statement
- Copy of 501(c)(3) authorization letter
- Organizational brochures and newsletters, if available.
- List of Board of Directors
Grants are reviewed three times a year: April, September and December. The deadline for each cycle is March 15, August 15 and November 15.
- Please send an ELECTRONIC copy of completed application with all enclosures along with demographics form (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Please send HARD copies of completed application to the following:
|Att: Pat Goldman|
J.E. & Z.B. Butler Foundation (2 copies)
780 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
||J.E. & Z.B. Butler Foundation
Att: Carole Parrish (1 copy)
40 Stow Street
Concord , MA. 01742